04 Jan The League for Innovations Pre-Conference Training February 23, 2019
Join us for our annual pre-conference training for the League for Innovations in the Community College this February 23, 2019 from 9:00am – 3:00pm.
Learn how coaching skills can help you have more impactful interactions with your students and help them self-develop by:
• Increasing their ability to reflect, notice, respond to feedback, and self-correct.
• Taking initiative and ownership of their academic goals.
• Embracing challenges to set them apart.
• Thinking creatively, innovating, and taking positive risks.
• Influencing and impacting others with critical interpersonal and communication skills.
• Developing a professional mindset in college to prepare for the world of work.
• Cultivating professional connections through internships and networking opportunities.
• Focus on coaching with Pathways students.
Our Training will be conduced by Rebecca Goosen the Associate Vice Chancellor for College Preparatory at San Jacinto College. Dr. Rebecca Goosen is a leading student success thoughtleader and educator who has worked with university and community college students in Michigan and Texas for the last 20 years. At San Jacinto College she provides administrative support systems that assist faculty and students in maximizing learning, development and success. She advocates for programs both locally and at the state level and works to provide a holistic approach to student success at the college. The College Prep program was recently awarded the John Champaign Memorial Award for Outstanding Developmental Education Program in 2016. Dr. Goosen has achieved Senior Fellow status in the American Leadership Forum. Being a servant leader, Dr. Goosen served as President for the National Association for Developmental Education and was recognized in 2015 as a Council of Learning Assistance and Developmental Education Associations (CLADEA) Fellow. Her passion is to build programs that serve underprepared students to become successful at all levels of their lives and to empower faculty, staff, and administration with the knowledge that they can contribute to establishing that learning environment for success.
The League’s Innovations Conference is the foremost convening for professionals dedicated to improving and enhancing teaching and learning, leadership and management, and the community college experience. This international event provides a forum for collaboration among academic experts and thought leaders, while granting participants exclusive access to the most inventive and inspirational community college programs from around the world.