LifeBound trains and certifies individuals in coaching strategies to help students gain the practical and professional skills needed to successfully complete college and secure gainful employment. We have more than two decades of experience helping educators, student success professionals, and administrators develop effective coaching skills to keep more students on track to graduate.
Let Us Help You Create A Campus-Wide Culture of Coaching and Keep More Students on Track to Graduate by:
Call 303-327-5688 to explore training that will help your leadership team and staff increase productivity, improve management, and ensure your business’s success.
Coaching is Effective
Research confirms that students who work with success coaches are 10–15% more likely to persist in college (Bettinger and Baker, 2011) and still be attending college one year after the coaching ended. What’s more, students want the kind of high-impact relationships with faculty and staff that coaching fosters (Gallup–Purdue Index Report, 2014). LifeBound trains and certifies individuals and institutions in coaching strategies to help students gain the practical and professional skills needed to successfully complete college and secure gainful employment.
Our Training Curriculum
LifeBound’s coaching skills training core curriculum develops the following coaching skill areas designed to help every student succeed:
In addition, as you build communication, empathy, and active-listening skills, you will learn more about the following:
● How asking powerful questions transfers initiative and autonomy to the student and helps build agency.
● How to use active and strategic listening during the coaching conversation
● How to use various types of frameworks to jump-start a coaching conversation or deepen your student’s self-awareness and self-knowledge
● How to successfully coach a coaching-resistant student
● How to use personal stories and your own self-knowledge to improve coaching outcomes
● How to use coaching strategies across different populations (age, demographics, academic goals, etc.)
-Mathematics Lecturer, Georgia Perimeter College
-Graduate Faculty at Krannert School of Management, Purdue University